Growing up, the local news radio station was always on in our house first thing in the morning. This particular station would always mark the 7 o’clock hour with a call to the Naval Observatory. It was a good way to sync the clocks around you: your watch, alarm, the microwave. “The Naval Observatory master clock, at the tone, Eastern Daylight Time, seven hours, zero minutes, exactly” the voice would pronounce officially. The “certified” time seemed...
- In a Self-Righteous Religious Culture, Brennan Manning Reminded Us ‘All Is Grace’ (from the Huffington Post)
- Nomadic Book Club Tour is coming to Your Neighborhood: Spring/Summer ‘13
- “Pruning for Lent” (from Busted Halo)
- “A Call for the Christian Imagination” from Relevant Magazine
- The Story of Christmas Reminds Us to Believe in Each Other (from the Huffington Post)