This week I have focused on giving. The conversation has been shaped by some powerful stories and CS Lewis’s ideas about what it means to give. But, there is another aspect of giving I think people find even more challenging. In The Mockingbird Parables, I talk about the scenes in the Lee’s novel where Ms. Maudie and Scout sit silently on the front porch and watch the sunset. The older I get, the more I am convinced that one of the most difficult things to share with...
- In a Self-Righteous Religious Culture, Brennan Manning Reminded Us ‘All Is Grace’ (from the Huffington Post)
- Nomadic Book Club Tour is coming to Your Neighborhood: Spring/Summer ‘13
- “Pruning for Lent” (from Busted Halo)
- “A Call for the Christian Imagination” from Relevant Magazine
- The Story of Christmas Reminds Us to Believe in Each Other (from the Huffington Post)