Although He clearly tried to prepare His followers for the moment, sometimes I wonder if it was not until the experience at the Garden of Gethsemane, as soldiers sent from the church of Israel arrested Him, that the disciples truly began to understand the purpose of Jesus. Three of the Gospels tell us a disciple of Jesus (presumably Peter) cut off the ear of a man (a servant of the high priest) during the attempt to arrest Jesus. But in all three accounts, Jesus rebuked the violent...
- In a Self-Righteous Religious Culture, Brennan Manning Reminded Us ‘All Is Grace’ (from the Huffington Post)
- Nomadic Book Club Tour is coming to Your Neighborhood: Spring/Summer ‘13
- “Pruning for Lent” (from Busted Halo)
- “A Call for the Christian Imagination” from Relevant Magazine
- The Story of Christmas Reminds Us to Believe in Each Other (from the Huffington Post)