I picked up a book recently called The War of Art and read it in an evening. I have been on Amazon ordering copies for my friends ever since. The author takes an honest and humorous look at the forces that keep us from doing what we are called to do. When I came across these lines (below), I was taken with the idea that when we do not pursue our calling — whether it is teaching, coaching, running a business, inventing the next iPhone — we aren’t just crippling...
- In a Self-Righteous Religious Culture, Brennan Manning Reminded Us ‘All Is Grace’ (from the Huffington Post)
- Nomadic Book Club Tour is coming to Your Neighborhood: Spring/Summer ‘13
- “Pruning for Lent” (from Busted Halo)
- “A Call for the Christian Imagination” from Relevant Magazine
- The Story of Christmas Reminds Us to Believe in Each Other (from the Huffington Post)