Our culture’s remarkable dedication to Friday’s “religious” celebration has me thinking back to another story from severalyears ago. (You can read about reports of this Friday’s projected madness here: http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/22/pf/black_friday/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2) It was a crisp Tennessee day, November 28th, 2008, the Friday after Thanksgiving, when I rose early at my in-laws’ house to go for a morning run on the Nashville Greenway. The...
- In a Self-Righteous Religious Culture, Brennan Manning Reminded Us ‘All Is Grace’ (from the Huffington Post)
- Nomadic Book Club Tour is coming to Your Neighborhood: Spring/Summer ‘13
- “Pruning for Lent” (from Busted Halo)
- “A Call for the Christian Imagination” from Relevant Magazine
- The Story of Christmas Reminds Us to Believe in Each Other (from the Huffington Post)